Lemon Zest Cake

Tuesday 4 April 2017


I'm an absolute sucker for baking whenever I possibly can. There's something so fun about baking a cake or a batch of brownies whilst listening to your favourite playlist on Spotify. I love listening to country music, so when I'm baking I'm usually jamming out to some Jon Pardi or Brothers Osborne.... it's a necessity.

Over the sunny Saturday that the UK experienced last weekend I decided to make a Lemon cake. There's something about lemons and lemon cake that screams Spring to me, so I grabbed my Betty Crocker cake mix and spent a good 2 hours making, what I think, a pretty good looking cake if I do say so myself.

I love purchasing cake mixes because we can't always make something from scratch, but, the Betty Crocker cake mixes actually feels and tastes like you spent way longer making the cake than you did. They're so easy, a turn out amazing, so I decided to share this recipe with y'all so you can have some fun in the kitchen!

Prep:
Grab your apron and mixing bowl and set your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. For cupcakes bake in a fan assisted oven at 160°C.
Preparation 10 mins
Baking time 23-28 mins
Serves 12


Ingredients:
180ml water
2 medium sized lemons
3 medium free range eggs
90ml vegetable oil (6 tbsp)
1 box of Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix
1 tub of Betty Crocker Zesty Lemon Icing
2 x 8" well-greased cake tins (or 2 x regular size muffin trays & cupcake cases)


Steps:
1: Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
2: Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins. For cupcakes pour mix evenly into the cupcake cases.
3: Bake in the centre of the oven for 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. For cupcakes bake both trays together for 18-22 minutes. Then cool on a wire rack. Sandwich your cakes together and cover with the Betty Crocker Zesty Lemon Icing.


If you make this cake make sure to tweet me a picture at @aspoonfulofhope - I'd love to see! 

Post a Comment

© HEYHOPEBARKER. Design by Fearne.